Jazzy Zero Turn: Disassembly & Assembly Guide
The innovative and practical Jazzy Zero Turn is a great Jazzy scooter to purchase. This awesome scooter will prove to be very helpful in getting you to accomplish your daily activities. We are pleased that many have chosen this scooter to help them get around. It is also our mission to ensure that you are able to disassemble and assemble the scooter easily and safely. Follow the simple steps in this post to effectively do so.
You can disassemble this unit into several pieces: the seat, the under-seat storage, the rear section, the front section, the basket, the battery pack, and the battery shroud (models 83 and 84 only). (See figure 1). No tools are required to disassemble or assemble your travel scooter. Always disassemble or assemble the device on a level, dry surface with sufficient room for you to work and move around—about 5 feet (1.5 meters) in all directions. Remember that some components are heavy and you may need assistance when lifting them.
Figure 1 – Disassembled Travel Scooter
Please do not lift weight beyond your physical capability. Ask for assistance when necessary while disassembling or assembling. Do not pick up the seat frame or scooter by the armrests. They are free to pivot, and you may lose control of the seat if they do so.
FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES TO DISASSEMBLE MODELS 36, 83, AND 84:
- Remove the key from the key switch.
- Lock the tiller in the straight-ahead position by pushing the tiller lock knob in and turning it clockwise 90°. (See figure 2) The front wheel must face forward in order to lock the tiller.
Figure 2: Tiller Lock Knob
- Remove the seat by lifting it straight up and off. If you encounter resistance when removing the seat, disengage the seat rotation lever and swivel the seat back and forth while lifting up the seat.
- Remove the rear shroud by lifting it straight up and off. (Models 83 and 84 only).
- Disconnect the battery harness. (See figure 3)
Figure 3: Battery Harness
- Disconnect the front-to-rear harness. (See figure 3)
- Disconnect the battery tie-down strap. (Models 83 and 84 only). (See figure 3)
- Remove the battery pack by lifting it straight up and off.
FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES TO DISASSEMBLE MODELS 39, 40LX, 40X, 44X, 40E, 44E, 44LX, 49, 50LX, 54LX, 53, 53HD, 54, 54HD, 66, 67, 73, 74, AND JAZZY ZTS:
- Remove the key from the key switch and then lock the tiller in the straight ahead position by pushing the tiller lock knob in and turning it clockwise 90° (See figure 2). The front wheel must face forward in order to lock the tiller.
- If equipped, remove under-seat storage. (See figure 4).
Figure 4: Under-seat Storage
- Remove the seat by lifting it straight up and off. If you encounter resistance when removing the seat, disengage the seat rotation lever and swivel the seat back and forth while lifting up on the seat.
- Remove the battery pack by lifting the pack straight up and off.
Please check the features table on the inside of the front cover to determine if your unit has a frame release lever or a lock-up pin before attempting to separate the frame.
HERE’S HOW TO SEPARATE THE FRAME
- With the seat and battery pack removed (see the disassembly procedures on previous page), lower the tiller and tighten the tiller adjustment knob. (See figure 5)
Figure 5: Tiller Adjustment Knob
- Remove the frame lock-up pin. (Models 36, 83, and 84 only.)
- Lift up on the frame release lever, (OR, lift the seat post for models 36, 83, and 84) and pivot the rear section backwards, until the frame hooks are no longer resting on the lower frame tube.
- Slowly separate the two sections of the unit. (See figure 6)
Figure 6: Frame Release Leaver (A) and Frame Release Lock-up Pin (B)
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO EASILY ASSEMBLE YOUR SCOOTER
Before attempting assembly, tilt the rear half of the unit slightly back on the anti-tip wheels as shown in figure 6.
- Use the frame release lever (or the seat post for models 36, 83, and 84 only) to lift the front section as you align the frame hooks of the front section with the lower frame tube of the rear section. (See figure 6)
- Once the frame hooks are over the lower frame tube, lower the front section and pivot the rear section simultaneously. This will engage the frame lock-up automatically for models 39, 40LX, 40X, 44X, 40E, 44E, 44LX, 49, 50LX, 54LX, 53, 53HD, 54, 54HD, 66, 67, 73, 74, and Jazzy ZTS. For models 36, 83, and 84, you will also need to reinstall the frame lockup pin to complete the body assembly. (See figure 6)
- Raise the tiller and fully tighten the tiller adjustment knob. (See figure 5).
- Reinstall the battery pack. For models 36, 83, and 84, make sure to reconnect the battery and front-to-rear harnesses.
- Reinstall the seat and rotate it until it is secured into place.
- Unlock the tiller by turning the tiller lock knob 90° counterclockwise. (See figure 2)
- If equipped, install under-seat storage. (See figure 4)
After assembly, make absolutely certain the tiller lock knob is in the unlocked position before riding your travel scooter.