Heavy Duty Wheelchairs for Sale at Scooters n Chairs
Plus-sized wheelchairs are an excellent investment as they allow people with physical handicaps or limitations to continue living an active lifestyle. Here at Scooters N’ Chairs, our range of heavy duty electric wheelchairs is designed with high-quality materials that are made to last. We stock premium brands that specialize in creating heavy duty wheelchairs with peak performance, comfort, and style. The high weight-bearing capacities of these models make them the perfect electric wheelchair for a person weighing 300 lbs, 500 lbs, 700 lbs, or anything in between! Their sturdy design typically offers more legroom and wider seats to accommodate any heavy-set rider.
At a discounted price, our range of renowned US wheelchair brands is the perfect option for people seeking extra stability and comfort. Brands such as Merits and Pride Mobility, are very popular across the country - and for good reason! Each heavy duty wheelchair is made with top-quality specs and materials, offering maximum durability and longevity. Like our other top brands, heavy duty wheelchairs are rigged out with reinforced frames, wider seats, and extra strength to make them comfortable and safe at all times. Ride in comfort and style, no matter where you’re heading, on one of our heavy scooter wheelchairs here at Scooters ‘N Chairs!
What To Consider When Buying a Heavy Duty Wheelchair
To be an informed buyer, there are several things to consider when buying a heavy-duty wheelchair. If you’re in the market for a high-weight capacity wheelchair, you’ll want to make sure the power chair you choose is right for you. Depending on your budget, surroundings, and mobility needs, here are some useful tips to keep in mind when shopping for your next heavy duty wheelchair.
- Weight Capacity: Compare the weight capacity to your personal needs. Our heavy-duty wheelchairs carry a minimum capacity of 400 lbs, with some up to 700 pounds. Check out the size and weight capacity to ensure maximum comfort and safety. Many people also ask, ‘how much does an electric wheelchair weigh?’ and the answer is 200-250 lbs. Given these chairs are the heaviest of all wheelchairs, they are bulkier and heavier than other models. Keep this in mind if you are going to be transporting your plus size wheelchair, if so, perhaps a Travel Wheelchair may be better suited.
- Ground Clearance: It is important to consider the environment you will be using your power wheelchair in. These models are designed for both indoor and outdoor use, particularly outdoors with their larger, anti-tips wheels. Go for a model with high ground clearance to traverse over rough terrain, and low ground clearance for better comfort and ease of use.
- Range: Look out for the distance it will travel on a full charge. Heavy duty wheelchairs can travel between 10 and 25 miles on a single charge. Here at Scooters ‘N Chairs, we stock electric wheelchairs with a range of 10 to 32 mph, so think about how often you’ll be using your scooter daily.
- Turning Radius: Check how tight the turning radius is. A tight turning radius means you can navigate tight spaces more easily. Don’t ignore this critical factor as it plays a key role in making your life effortless and comfortable
- Safety Features: Consider what safety features a model has to offer. These could be things like LED lights, rear mirrors, an emergency braking system, and an over-acceleration sensor. These features will allow you to ride peacefully, without any fear of harm or injury.
- Comfort: Your seat should be comfortable, so consider the width, depth, and material of the seat design. This will allow you to rest and ride comfortably without pressure on your back or legs. Other features to look out for include ergonomic designs, extra wide armrests, swing-away footrests, and anti-tip wheels.
- Performance: Ensure your heavy duty wheelchair has the right specs for your lifestyle for maximum performance. Check out features such as the maximum speed the wheelchair can travel, shock absorbers, and the range it can travel on a single battery charge.
- Style: Last but not least, look out for accessories to enhance your style. They can be extremely useful too, with things like bags, gloves, cushions, or cupholders.
What is the Cheapest Heavy Duty Wheelchair?
Scooters N' Chairs stocks durable, sturdy and long-lasting Heavy Duty Wheelchairs, all at an affordable price. They are designed to offer maximum efficiency, comfort, and stability. Our reliable wheelchairs are built to last with incredible designs and top-quality materials. TheEW-M51 Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair is one of the cheapest wheelchairs of the EWheels Medical Brand that SNC stocks. This wheelchair allows the user to enjoy indoor and outdoor activities easily and comfortably. It is equipped with premium features, such as an excellent stability system, swing-away joystick, and an adjustable footplate. The EW-M51 Power Wheelchair ensures a smooth and steady ride and is available at the lowest price possible, here at Scooters ‘N Chairs.
Another affordable option is theMerits Atlantis. For a limited time, this heavy duty wheelchair is available at a discounted rate so now is the time to browse! The Merits Atlantis has a 600 lbs weight capacity as well as premium comfort features to support bariatric users. Due to its extra-wide seat base and padded backing, it offers extra support for people suffering from limited mobility. This model also comes with a 1-year warranty on all electronics, motors, brakes, and batteries.
Pride Mobility is a popular brand that manufactures excellent mobility wheelchairs with superior performance and top features. Jazzy 1450 Power Chair is a super affordable option in the Pride Mobility range. This stylish and sturdy wheelchair has a 600 lbs weight capacity, a large foot platform, and a maximum speed of 4.5 mph. It is great for use indoors and outdoors due to its strong, robust design. This reliable heavy duty power wheelchair is on sale for a limited time here at Scooters ‘N Chairs! Browse our collection now and discover the perfect heavy duty wheelchair for your needs and lifestyle.
Best Heavy Duty Electric Wheelchair for 500 lb Person
If you are looking for a reliable heavy duty wheelchair with maximum weight capacity, theMerits Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair is a top choice available on Scooters N' Chairs. This plus-size wheelchair offers plenty of endurance indoors and outdoors. This is an ideal electric wheelchair for a 500 lbs person looking for a sturdy, robust design. Because of its powerful electronics and fuller frame, this model is capable of carrying weights up to 700 lbs. Also equipped with a swing-away controller bracket and folding battery tray, you have the freedom to go anywhere you choose on this wheelchair - no matter your mobility requirements.
The Merits Electric Wheelchair can also travel up to 25 miles on a single battery charge and reach a top speed of 4 mph. Its reinforced frame supports heavy users so they can navigate through daily life with exceptional stability and speed. The Merits Heavy Duty Wheelchair has a top-quality control system, allowing you to get around obstacles and tight spaces with ease. The adjustable armrests and swing-away footrests help users get in and out of the chair easily and safely. Many of our valued customers ask what the best heavy duty wheelchair is for a 500 lbs person, and indeed the Merits Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair is their best option. We offer a 5-year limited lifetime warranty on the wheelchair’s frame, as well as a 1-year warranty on all electronics if something were to go wrong. Experience maximum comfort and support on the Merits Heavy Duty Wheelchair today and go places you never thought you’d reach!
Order a Heavy Duty Power Wheelchair Today!
When it comes to the best heavy duty wheelchairs for sale, Scooters ‘N Chairs is your number one online store. Our premium heavy duty power chairs are extremely comfortable, stable, and robust, offering top-quality control while you ride. Every heavy duty wheelchair that we stock in our online store includes a full manufacturer’s warranty to protect you if something ever went wrong. Our range of power wheelchairs come in a range of different colors, weight capacities, and speeds, so there is something for everyone.
Get in touch with one of our expert team members today and let us help you select the perfect scooter for your mobility needs. Scooters 'N Chairs was founded to bring a new level of compassion and customer service to people seeking mobility solutions for themselves or their loved ones. We are available 365 days a year to help resolve any Mobility Scooter issues or queries you may have.